Monday 10 November 2014

GETTING STARTED

I like wine.  It`s as simple as that.  I am a wine drinker, not a connoisseur.  I have no formal training as a wine taster.  I simply want to learn more about wine and keep a record of the wines I have tried and liked or not liked as the case may be.

Taste in wine is very personal so there may be wines I like that you won`t and vice-versa.  I would say my taste in wine is quite broad.  In the summer I tend to prefer light and medium-bodied wines that some would describe as `fruity` like Beaujolais.  In the winter I tend to drink more full-bodied wines like Cabernet Sauvignon. I also like wines under $20.  A decent wine under $10 is even better. If you want reviews of $100 bottles of wine then you need to find a different site.

My rating system will be simple. What Rotten Tomatoes is to movies, I plan on being for wine. Instead of 'fresh' or 'rotten' I will have a rating system of 'uncork' as in uncork this bottle of wine and drink it or 'cork', I wouldn't drink it again.  I will also have a 10 point rating system to more precisely rank the wine among the others I have tried.

I am also interested in hearing what you think. If you try a wine I have reviewed, please let me know if you think I'm crazy or if you have a similar opinion. If there is a wine you think I should try, please let me know.

That's all for now...lets get started.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment