Friday 27 November 2015

El Guardian, Rioja Crianza 2011

Our latest selection in another Spanish rioja. I like trying different varieties from different countries but sometimes you just need to go to your comfort zone, and tempranillo wines are in my wheelhouse. 

I selected this wine not based on any recommendations or inside information. It is simply because I wanted a reasonably priced rioja and I kind of liked the label. 





Wine: El Guardian Rioja Crianza
Location: Spain
Alcohol content: 12.5%
Sugar content: 2g/L
Price: $13.95
Vintages number: 429670

El Guardian rioja is a medium-bodied wine, ruby red in colour with pleasant berry fragrances. The flavours are extremely mild.  You can taste slight strawberry and leather. The wine is balanced and smooth with a nice finish. Because the flavour profile is very neutral, this wine is extremely versatile and could be paired with many different meats and cheeses or enjoyed on its own.  I usually prefer slightly stronger fruit flavours but this wine is pleasant and I would drink it again.

Recommendation: Uncork
Rating:                  7.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment